Thursday, May 23, 2013

Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers: Small Changes, Big Difference

I found out that I have a duodenal ulcer, which means that cooking has been a little bit complicated. Needless to say, I've been having a heck of a time finding food that doesn't hurt to eat in the end. Luckily, a little innovation goes a long way with me, and I won't let an ulcer keep me down.

I stuffed the peppers like in my last post (thawed frozen spinach, 2 ounces of Neufchatel cheese cooked rice, salt, and mozzarella cheese on top), but I omitted the tomatoes and Parmesan cheese from the filling. I cooked them the same way all the same (35-40 minutes on 375).

Again, Will loved them. Better yet, they didn't bother my stomach at all, so I now know I can make this when my ulcer is irritated.

No comments:

Post a Comment