Saturday, June 8, 2013

Fettuccine With Grilled Vegetables: Good, But I Made a Mistake

Since it's summer, I decided it would be time to grill some vegetables. This recipe is a good one, but I made a mistake that made it taste less than great. I will explain below.

First, chop up an eggplant and a bell pepper and skewer the pieces in a pattern along with eight ounces of crimini mushrooms. Set this aside.

Combine half a cup of dry white wine, a quarter cup of water, a Tablespoon of arrowroot, tarragon, and dried basil. Put this on high heat and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly. Cook a minute or two longer and remove from the heat. Brush the skewers with the sauce you just made and cover the rest to keep it warm.

Put the skewers on a heated grill and cook until it's browned on all sides. Meanwhile, cook fettuccine according to the package directions.

Once everything is ready, put the pasta on a plate, toss the sauce you set aside with the pasta, add the vegetables, and top with grated mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.

The mistake I made was in tossing the pasta in the sauce too soon; needless to say, the pasta absorbed the sauce and glombed together. I added olive oil to help un-stick the pasta, but that made it taste really funky because evidently, the sauce I used mixed with the vegan pasta I used and the olive oil resulted in an odd flavor. However, other than that, it was decent enough for my liking.

No comments:

Post a Comment