Friday, February 1, 2013

Pan Cooked Pork Chops in Root Beer Coconut Milk Marinade

I had some root beer left over, and decided to make a marinade with it. I had some pork chops from the Omaha Steaks order my auntie sent me, so I decided to make pan cooked pork chops.
Combine about half a cup of root beer, a can of coconut milk, two teaspoons ground ginger, and a quarter teaspoon of lemon zest. Add your pork chops and marinate at least two hours or overnight.
Heat a skillet on medium high heat; add your chops to the pan and cook until done in the center and brown on the outside.
I served this with leftover casseroles. I heated a little of the marinade to see if it would make a good glue for the ham and broccoli casserole. Luckily for me, it did, so I froze the rest of the marinade for the next time I make ham and broccoli casserole.

No comments:

Post a Comment