Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Ham Broccoli Cheese Bake: Easy, But Needs Work

As I said before, I had a lot of smoked ham left over from making the tourte Milanese. I figured I would make a casserole. I couldn't get it to mesh well, but at least I stepped out of my comfort zone, right?
Combine about two cups of cubed smoked ham, a pound of frozen broccoli and cauliflower, about two and a half cups cooked rice, tarragon and seasoned salt to taste, and about a quarter cup cheddar cheese. Mix all this together, top with cheddar and colby jack cheeses, and bake in a 350 degree oven until it's hot, the cheese is melting, and the casserole is bubbly.
Will and I liked it, but because it didn't have something to make it glue together, it was really hard to cut into and get a serving. The next time I do this, I will have to remember to get some cream of mushroom soup to add to the casserole and help it gel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment