Thursday, January 24, 2013

Ham and Cheddar Panini: Delicious and Easy

As I mentioned, I have a lot of smoked ham left over from when I made tourte Milanese. I decided that, in order to use both it and the squash soup I had left over, I would make panini.
As always, butter one side of each slice of your bread. To make sure the panini sticks together, put one slice of cheddar cheese on each half of your bread. Put your meat in between the cheese slices. Grill your panini, pressing down to ensure it sticks together. Once the cheese is melted and the bread's  a nice golden brown, it's ready.
This was a nice, easy dish, especially since I had something of a rousing day at school yesterday. The soup lost some of its flavor because it had frozen and my husband added too much milk in order to reconstitute it, but other than that, we had a good meal for a busy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment