Thursday, January 3, 2013

Aloo Gobi: A Mistake Worked Out Okay

I decided to make aloo Gobi this week. Unfortunately, the culinary gods didn't seem to want to cooperate. My cauliflower wound up freezing and my turmeric mysteriously disappeared. Despite these setbacks, the dish came out quite successful.
Prepare the aloo Gobi like in my previous post, except omit the turmeric and you basically have what I made. The cauliflower greens were too badly damaged from the freeze to do anything but throw away, but that's not much of a loss because Will doesn't like cauliflower greens anyway.
Will and I both enjoyed it. While the dish was more of a russet than the golden yellow that aloo Gobi usually is, the loss of turmeric didn't take away from the flavor. Needless to say, though, turmeric is on my shopping list for the next time I go out.

No comments:

Post a Comment