Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Finadene Chicken: Easy Chamorro Food

I learned how to make Chamorro food a while back, and one of our favorite meals from what I learned was finadene. This sauce is one of my favorites and I guarantee it'll be one of yours, too.
First, make your sauce by combining a half cup of soy sauce, one sliced onion, two sliced jalapenos (traditionally you use boonie, or Thai hot, peppers, but they are super hot), and a Tablespoon of rice vinegar or lemon juice. Add the chicken breasts and add enough water to ensure they are covered. Let this marinate for at least two hours; the longer you marinate it, the better it's going to taste.
Preheat your oven to 350. Add your chicken, marinade and all, in a casserole dish. Bake until the chicken is cooked through. Serve over rice.
As I say, this is one of the best recipes in my repertoire. Will loved it, especially the finadene sauce. This doesn't just work with chicken; it would also work great with tofu or vegetables.

No comments:

Post a Comment