Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Potato Leek Soup: Delicious and Easy

A former friend of mine made a potato leek soup with kielbasa. I loved the concept and decided to make it meatless.

First, wash and cut up five potatoes and one leek, put it into a pan, and cover it with coconut milk and water and add seasoned salt to taste; add less than you think because it will get stronger as it simmers. Let this simmer for an hour or until the leeks are tender and clear and the potatoes practically fall apart.

This was fantastic; Will didn't use as many crackers as he normally does, which I would say is a pretty big win for me. It was more flavorful than said former friend because I added more seasoning and had a richer flavor because I let it simmer longer and added the coconut milk sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment