Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Marmalade Crusted Pork: Delicious

I saw this recipe and thought it was too garlicky, so I pared down the amount of garlic and put my own spin on it. I think it turned out fairly well, and I think you will too.

First, use a garlic press to press one clove of garlic; rub this all over the pork sirloin roast. Season a cup of flour with seasoned salt, pepper, paprika, and oregano; coat the roast with the flour. Bake in a 350 degree oven for an hour.

While it's baking, combine 3 ounces of orange marmalade with half a cup of grand marnier. Once the hour is up, baste the roast with all of the marmalade mixture. Raise the oven temperature to 400 degrees and cook for twenty minutes.

I served this with baked potatoes; unfortunately, because I had a meeting, I did not have time to make a vegetable. I now officially know this works, and will make it again. The meat practically fell apart, and the only thing I regret is not making the marmalade glaze that dripped off the pork into a gravy.

No comments:

Post a Comment