Sunday, August 4, 2013

Splurge Night: Cornflake Fried Chicken

My husband loves fried chicken, but hates KFC's recipe because it has so much pepper in the batter that it hurts his ulcer. I thought that since he just got back from Argentina and we had a bunch of cornflakes lying around, I would make this recipe. It's really very simple and super easy to make.

First, make the cornflake crust by combining two cups of cornflakes, two teaspoons each of Italian seasoning, paprika, cumin, pepper, allspice, and dried onions, and a teaspoon and a half of chipotle flakes. Crush this up until it resembles coarse crumbs and set it aside.

Next, sprinkle two chicken breasts that have been cut into strips with two seasoned salt. Dust the strips with a Tablespoon of flour on each side. Dip the strips into one beaten egg and then coat with the cornflake mixture. Deep fry the strips for five minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the chicken is cooked through.

I served this with french fries. Will loved this, and said he would like to see it served more, if I can. I think we can oblige him to do this, especially since it's so flavorful and easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment