Sunday, September 22, 2013

Chicken Tikka: Cheap, Easy, and Really Tasty

I wanted to make something easy and cheap, since now that I'm back in school and working on a very full workload, things are often controlled chaos. I settled on chicken Tikka, since it takes so little actual effort to cook and clean up afterward.

First, create the marinade. Combine chicken tenders cut into pieces, plain yogurt, turmeric, coriander, chili powder, salt, and the juice of half a lemon in a bowl; toss the chicken in the marinade to coat and put it in the refrigerator to marinade.

Put a cooling rack over a cookie sheet. Place your chicken on the cooling rack and brush with about a third of a cup of oil. Place this sheet in a preheated 400 degree oven and cook 25 minutes, turning at least once, until cooked through. Serve with chapatis.

Will and I both loved it. It was a fantastic, warming meal, and made great leftovers. I will easily make this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment