Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Indian Spiced Pork with Raita: Really Cheap and Easy, But I would Still Change a Couple Things

I think I've mentioned this before, but I love using Indian spices. This time, I used it on a pork tenderloin, and I have to say that it turned out pretty well.

First, grind up a teaspoon each of coriander, cumin, and fennel seeds in a spice grinder; add a half teaspoon of salt. Brush your tenderloin down with a teaspoon of vegetable oil and rub your spices all over the tenderloin. Let this sit at room temperature for half an hour; meanwhile, preheat your oven to 425 degrees.

Cook your tenderloin in the preheated oven for half an hour or until cooked through. Meanwhile, make your raita by combining about 2/3 cup of yogurt with one grated cucumber, a teaspoon of lemon zest, and one minced clove of garlic.

Slice the pork and spoon the raita over the top of the pork; serve with rice.

Will and I both liked it, although I would have used roasted garlic instead of raw garlic in the raita because I forgot just how much I hate raw garlic. Otherwise, it's something easy that I can do again no problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment