Saturday, October 5, 2013

Curry Goat Chops: Take a Long Time, But Taste Amazing

Will's mom gave us some goat loin chops. While I do have recipes for goat, I also realized I didn't have any of the things to make it. Then I realized I had red curry paste that needed to get used up.

First, put your loin chops in a bowl and spread red curry paste all over them to coat. Heat your barbeque and get a smoker box filled with wood chips; we used trimmings from our grapefruit tree, and it's wonderful. Once your grill is heated to a low temperature, put your chops out there. Cook them on a low heat for an hour and a half, turning once. Make sure the smoker box is in the barbeque, but also keep an eye out to make sure the wood inside smolders instead of catching fire. If you want to grill some vegetables, this recipe would be a perfect opportunity to do so.

We served this with baked potatoes and spanakopita, but really you could serve this with anything. Will and I both loved it, because the meat cut like butter; you hardly needed a knife. Next time, though, I'm going to ask Will to use his method, which he learned while he was working in Argentina.

No comments:

Post a Comment