Friday, October 25, 2013

Chicken With Artichokes: Easy and Delicious

This is another crock pot meal I decided to make in order to help us eat better food without having to wait. Unfortunately, I ended up cutting myself about halfway through, so my husband had to help me finish, but it was worth cutting myself.

First, heat about a Tablespoon of olive oil in a pan. Once the oil is hot, add one chopped onion and six garlic cloves; cook, stirring occasionally, until cooked through.

In a crock pot, combine a third of a cup of tapioca pearls, one sliced bell pepper, the onion mixture, a drained can of artichokes, a teaspoon of crushed rosemary, a teaspoon lemon zest, a half teaspoon of pepper, and one and a half cups of chicken broth. Top with two chicken thighs, and cook on high for four hours or on low for ten hours. Serve with hot rice.

Will and I both liked this. I'm pretty sure he even ate the skin off the chicken, something he never does! This was so simple that I'll definitely do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment