Saturday, November 2, 2013

Beef and Chipotle Burritos: Fantastic and Super Easy

I have resolved to use my slow cooker more often in order to properly feed Will and me. We've gotten so busy that it's nearly impossible to do a quick meal every night, so this seems to be a good option for us.

First, get your crock pot ready. Put your London broil in the crock pot, trimmed of all fat, if necessary, along with two chopped chipotle peppers in adobo, a can of diced tomatoes salsa style, one chopped onion, one clove of garlic, one can of drained black beans, and cumin. Set your crock pot to low, and cook for eight to ten hours.

When you get home from your busy day, pull the beef apart using two forks and serve in hot tortillas.

Will and I loved this. When I came home, I thought I had overcooked it because it looked like it had a thick crust on it, but when I started to realize that it was coloring. The beef cut like butter; I could have used two spoons to shred this steak, that's how tender it was. I would strongly recommend this, and if you have kids who don't like spicy food, take out the chipotle or serve it with a little sour cream, as it minimizes the bite from the chipotle.

No comments:

Post a Comment