Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Farfalle Casserole: Easy and Cheap

I've had this recipe in my arsenal for years now, but I've never used it before last night. I decided, why not try it? Sadly, I didn't get to try it, but Will appears to have loved it.

First, cook your farfalle according to the package directions. Meanwhile, mix two ounces of alfredo sauce with two and a half cups milk (I used almond milk), a splash of red wine, and a Tablespoon of butter. Bring this mixture to a boil, stirring constantly, and then turn the heat to low. Let the mixture simmer for a minute or two.

Next, add 9 oz trimmed and chopped asparagus, the pasta, and 4 oz of drained sundried tomatoes; mix this well. Pour this into a prepared casserole dish and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until bubbly. Remove the casserole from the oven and cover with grated havarti cheese. Return the casserole to the oven and bake until the cheese is melted.

Will liked it, but thought it needed Parmesan cheese and seasoned salt. Next time I make this, I'll try adding that stuff to properly tweak it.

No comments:

Post a Comment