Thursday, July 26, 2012

Splurge Night: Rigatoni with Gorgonzola Sauce

I really wanted to save this recipe for another night since we just came back from a week long vacation, but the meat I set out decided not to defrost, so I had to make this. It's pretty simple and quite tasty.
First, get some salted water boiling and cook your rigatoni. While you wait for the water to boil, melt a little bit of butter and add some sage; the recipe I used called for fresh, but the fresh I had was moldy, so I ended up using dried. If you used fresh, remove them and discard from the butter; if you used dried, just leave it in because there is no way to remove it. Add seven ounces of crumbled Gorgonzola cheese and stir til melted. Once it's melted, add about 2/3 cup of cream and a couple tablespoons of dry vermouth; cook til it's thickened. Once the sauce is thick and the pasta cooked and drained, put the pasta in a bowl and pour the sauce over the pasta, tossing to coat. Definitely serve this with vegetables; I used broccoli, but any vegetable will really do.
Will really liked it. It wasn't a "I want more, but I'm full" kind of like, but he did like it and eat it. I think I may have to play around with it a bit to see if I can improve upon it.

No comments:

Post a Comment