Thursday, December 6, 2012

Chili Rellenos Casserole: A Staple at My House

As I said two posts ago, I had a lot of leftover green chilies. One of my favorite things to do with said chilies is to make this casserole. I still had a couple more left over, so I'll be making Spanish tortilla later this week to get rid of it.
First, take your drained green chilies and split them open so they lay flat in a casserole dish. Place a slice of mozzarella cheese in each chile and fold the other side over. Don't be afraid to pack them in. Mix together four eggs, seasoned salt and pepper to taste, and a quarter cup of milk; pour this over the chilies. Sprinkle chile powder and shredded colby jack cheese over the top. Bake in a 350 degree oven until the eggs set.
As always, Will loved it. He didn't eat too much of it, though, because if he did it would upset his ulcer, and nobody wants that.

No comments:

Post a Comment