Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Gorgonzola Chicken With Penne: Quick, Easy, and Flavorful

I love using blue cheese in my cooking, so when I find a tasty recipe that calls for it, I add it to my menu. This was no different, and it turned out pretty good.
First, cut up your chicken tenders into bite size pieces and brown them in oil on medium heat. Meanwhile, cook your penne according to the package directions.
Add half a cup of white wine and scrape any browned bits off the skillet; this is called deglazing. Add a cup of cream and stir.
Once it's slightly thickened, add six ounces of Gorgonzola cheese and sage. Gorgonzola is a really salty cheese, so taste it before adding any salt; I personally thought it didn't need any.
Once your sauce is thick and flavorful, add a frozen vegetable of your choice; I added spinach, but you could easily add broccoli, cauliflower, or Brussels sprouts and it would taste great. Serve the sauce over the pasta.
Will loved this dish. It's very filling, and definitely sticks to your ribs. The only thing I would have changed would be to add unsalted walnuts to it for an extra zing of flavor and for some extra protein.

No comments:

Post a Comment