Friday, December 21, 2012

Root Beer Marinated Pulled Pork Panini: Delicious

I had entertained some family friends and made my Bohemian roast pork. I wound up with half a roast left over, and we had some root beer that we got in case they were soda drinkers. I decided, why not make a root beer marinade, pull the pork, and serve it as panini?

First, make the marinade by combining root beer, green hot sauce, ginger, and lemon juice to taste. Once it's got the right balance of flavor, add your leftover Bohemian pork roast and let it soak for at least four hours.
Once the pork has marinated, pull the meat using two forks. Heat your panini press and assemble your sandwiches by buttering the outside of two slices of bread and putting some pulled pork and a mixture of mozzarella and cheddar cheeses in between the two bread slices. Place in the panini press until the cheese is melted and the bread is golden brown.
These sandwiches were awesome, and the meat was super tender. I will definitely end up making these later in the week and will have to freeze some of it because I have so much leftover meat.

No comments:

Post a Comment