Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Pollo Relleno: Easy and Delicious

One of Will's favorite recipes in my repertoire is my chile rellenos casserole. I needed a meat meal, so this seemed to be a great option; plus the leftover whole chilies can be made into the casserole, so it's an ultimate win.
First, pound your chicken breasts to about 1/8 inch thickness between a layer of saran wrap. Mix together 1/3 cup of cornmeal with taco seasoning; I make my own using onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, chile powder, a dash of cayenne, and cumin; but you can easily use prepackaged taco seasoning. In another bowl, place one egg and whisk it. Assemble the rellenos by placing a green chile near one edge and then placing a thin slice of mozzarella cheese on top of the green chile and then rolling the breast like you would a burrito. Dip each breast in the egg and then roll in the cornmeal mixture. Place them in a shallow baking dish and bake in a 375 degree oven for twenty-five minutes.
I served this with rice and mixed vegetables. Will loved it, and so did I; to give you an idea, we each ate a whole chicken breast, which is something we never do. Needless to say, I will be making this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment