Sunday, September 2, 2012

Fish Tacos: Tasty and Fun

Normally I don't eat fish because I live in a landlocked state, but tilapia was one sale and is a sustainable fish, so I went for it. Sadly it was preseasoned, so I can't take credit for the wonderful flavors that enveloped this dish.
First, take your fish out of the packaging and season it. Again, the fish I used was preseasoned because it was the only frozen sustainable fish I could find that wasn't breaded and deep fried. It had lime zest, cilantro, and salt, so it was seasoned pretty simply, which works well with tacos. Anyway, you then take the filets and cook them any way you like. I pan cooked them without any oil because that's just the way I prefer it. If you want to bread and bake them, that would work, and grilling would make some amazingly flavored fish. While your fish is cooking, cut up some lettuce and tomatoes. If you want to do Baja style fish tacos, use cabbage instead of lettuce; the reason I did is because cabbage is out of season right now, which means I'd have to go with cabbage from Chile or New Zealand, and that's just not eco friendly. Finally, warm up your tortillas. Once the fish flakes when pierced with a fork, it's ready.
Will loved it and now has leftovers for when he goes to work on Tuesday. I enjoyed it and will be playing further with this recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment