Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Tofu and Green Bean Curry: Easy and Really Good

Will and I ate at restaurants most of the weekend, so I figured we needed to eat something vegan and cook the mushrooms I got for this recipe. While Will probably disagrees with me, I don't like the taste of reheated tofu, so make sure someone in the house does or else make sure you eat it all.
First, add about a third of a can of coconut milk and heat until you notice an oily sheen on the surface. Then add two Tablespoons of red curry paste, three Tablespoons fish sauce, and two teaspoons of palm sugar or light brown sugar and mix well. Then add 8 ounces of whole button mushrooms and coat them with the sauce. Add the remainder of the coconut milk and bring to a boil. Stir in tofu and fresh or frozen green beans and cook for six to eight more minutes or until heated through. Add sliced fresh red peppers and serve. I used Thai hot peppers or, as my family calls them, boonie peppers, but you could add red jalapenos to it no problem.
Will was not too happy about the boonie peppers in the curry, but it was a good thing that I made a raita with yogurt, a lemon cucumber hybrid, and fresh tomato to go with it. I also served it with a saffron rice. All it takes to make that is to add a pinch of saffron to your boiling water when you make rice, and the result is a fragrant yellow rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment