Thursday, September 13, 2012

Pappardelle With Broccoli: Easy and Tasty

I've had a gastrointestinal virus since Sunday and have been unable to cook or eat anything that isn't on the brat diet. Tonight was my first night off said diet, and while my choice was a mistake, the food was pretty darn good.
Cook your pappardelle in salted boiling water according to package directions. Meanwhile, melt some butter and cook a diced onion for four minutes or until soft. Add a half cup of vegetable stock and simmer. Then add half a cup of cream and half a cup of grated mozzarella. Stir until thickened, and add nutmeg and a pound of broccoli florets. Finally, add the pappardelle and toss to coat.
We both really liked this particular recipe. It wound up giving me heartburn, but that was more that I ate too fast and it was my first non-brat diet meal in four days.

No comments:

Post a Comment