Thursday, September 20, 2012

Minestrone: Not Exactly Quick, But Easy and Tasty

I decided to make my own vegetable stock, since I had a great deal of mire poix vegetables left over from making chicken stock. As a result, I thought making a nice minestrone would allow us to get in more vegetables and make use of some of the stock I prepared.
First, making stock is pretty simple; just use more vegetables than you did when you made chicken stock and don't use any meat. Once your stock is a pretty golden color, you can add your vegetables. The sky is the limit with adding vegetables, herbs, and spices; I personally added canned roasted and diced tomatoes, zucchini, garlic, Italian seasoning, and Parmesan cheese. Once the vegetables are tender, serve piping hot with bread and butter.
Will and I both liked it, but Will did have one complaint to make with this; I forgot that many minestrone recipes include either pasta or beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment