Thursday, October 25, 2012

Cheese Sauced Potatoes: Healthier Than it Sounds

We have a heck of a time eating all our potatoes before they go bad, so I try to incorporate potatoes as much as possible when I buy a sack. Unfortunately, I had only three potatoes left because I was so effective, but that only meant no leftovers.
First, either bake your potatoes or microwave them. I microwaved them because of a time clincher, but you could easily bake them; just be prepared for them to take up to an hour. Meanwhile, mix together a cup of milk, some dill, salt and pepper to taste, and a Tablespoon of arrowroot powder; heat until it's thickened and bubbly. Next, add 3/4 of a cup of shredded cheddar cheese and mix until it's melted. Finally, add 2 1/2 cups of either cooked or frozen vegetables and heat through; I choose broccolini, broccoli, and cauliflower, but anything goes with this recipe. Quarter your potatoes and pour the cheese and vegetable mixture over the top of the potatoes.
Will and I both thoroughly enjoyed it. Because I pretty much always have the ingredients to make this, I will definitely make it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment