Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Splurge Night: Fettuccine With Onion Cream Sauce

I had some onion cream sauce left over and I decided that since I got home late from helping Will's mom repotting orchids, it would be a perfect meal to put together. I was right; there were no leftovers, as I was hoping.
First, scrape your leftover sauce into the saucepan; add cream, cheese, and a splash of dry white wine. Simmer this til it's thickened and bubbly. Meanwhile, cook your fettuccine according to the package directions. Drain your pasta when it's ready and pour your sauce over the pasta; toss to coat.
Will loved it, as did I. Sometimes all you need is a simple flavor, and this fits the bill. However, I wasn't so daft in picking something quick and easy that I forgot to add vegetables; I heated up some carrots, broccoli, and cauliflower to go with the pasta, and they complemented each other quite well.

No comments:

Post a Comment