Friday, October 12, 2012

Penne With Creamy Mushrooms: Rich and Delicious

The chicken I had started to defrost decided it didn't want to, so I wound up making one of the meatless dishes I set up. This dish was easily something I will make again, so I wasn't disappointed.
First, melt a couple Tablespoons butter and add a Tablespoon of olive oil; once the butter's melted, add six sliced shallots and cook on low until they're softened. Add a few sliced mushrooms and cook til softened; an salt and pepper to taste. Stir in a teaspoon of flour. Add two-thirds of a cup of cream and two Tablespoons of port as well as four ounces of drained sun-dried tomatoes. Cook this for eight minutes, stirring occasionally, on low. Meanwhile, cook your penne according to the package directions; once it's cooked, drain and add the penne to the skillet containing your sauce and toss to coat.
Will and I both thoroughly enjoyed this dish. I would definitely make it again, but next time I won't add the flour; the sauce thickened way too much, like to the point of separating.

No comments:

Post a Comment