Saturday, October 13, 2012

Chicken Milan: Tasty, But a Bit Too Garlicky For My Liking

My chicken had finally defrosted, so it was time to make chicken Milan. This was not necessarily a difficult recipe, but it still left me with slightly frayed nerves.
First, heat some olive oil in a skillet on medium to medium-low heat; add four cloves of minced garlic and saute until they start to brown and add pepper to taste; meanwhile, cook some linguine according to the package directions. Pour the garlic mixture into a bowl and set it aside. Dredge your chicken tenders first in a mixture of flour, basil, salt, and pepper; then into two beaten eggs; and cook in the pan you cooked your garlic in until the chicken is cooked through. By this time, your linguine should be ready, so drain it and put it on a plate; pour the oil and garlic mixture over and top with the chicken tenders.
I liked it, but found it to be too garlicky, so the next time I make it, I'll only add two cloves instead of four. Needless to say, I'm really glad I didn't use the eight cloves the recipe initially called for. Will, who loves garlic and often complains when I don't use enough, loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment