Thursday, October 11, 2012

Hot Dogs With Caramelized Onions and Potatoes: Summer's Last Hurrah

As most of you know, hot dogs come in packages of eight; I had three left over and decided to make a skillet dish as a sort of last hurrah of summer before it comes time to make use of my oven again. It worked out okay, but I think it needs some tweaking before it can be amazing.
I fried the onions and potatoes in an even ratio of butter and oil so everything browns correctly. Once everything was browned to my liking, I added the three hot dogs to the mix and browned them as well and served them with vegetables.
I liked it and was happy with it, but Will complained that there wasn't enough meat. Apparently two hot dogs is not enough for a man trying to lose weight. I'm a little frustrated at his complaint, especially since he's the one telling me to use less meat in my cooking, but I guess he's always going to go back and forth on everything he says from now until eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment