Monday, March 19, 2012

Aloo Gobi: One of My Husband's favorites

This is cauliflower and potatoes stir fried in toasted cumin seeds, ground cumin, turmeric, chili powder, and whole coriander, more commonly known as Aloo Gobi.
 Because I use fresh cauliflower and hate to waste perfectly edible food, I also cook the greens, which taste remarkably like broccoli, in garam masala and curry powder, both of which I toast and grind myself. The next time I make it, perhaps I shall post it here.
This time, Will, my husband, ate more of the cauliflower greens than usual and devoured the aloo gobi like he normally does.  He commented that it was better than the last time I made it; whether it was because of the cold weather or the fact that I didn't measure the spices I used, I shall never know.
The first time I made it Will intimated to me that he doesn't like cauliflower as he got up to get his third helping.

No comments:

Post a Comment