Wednesday, March 14, 2012

An Explanation of Things to Come

My mother in-law suggested that I write a blog about my husband and my flexitarian method of eating as well as how we save money on groceries. This entry, while it won't have any recipes or pictures (I will have pictures with every entry as well as what my husband thinks of what I've made), will give some background on my lifestyle and how it has affected my husband and me.

My husband is a Buddhist and asked me to make at least one meatless meal for every meal I cook with meat when we moved out of our parents' homes. As a result, I planned my meals to the letter so that I could fulfill his requests. I shopped around to find which grocery store would provide me with the best deal for what I was buying. I found that I was spending roughly $80 to $100 every two weeks on groceries using this method.

This dietary change also resulted in several more positive changes. My husband has lost fifty-one pounds over the year that we have had our own home, and while I have maintained the same weight, I have lost inches in my torso, hips, and thighs.


This lifestyle may sound like we are eating nothing but cheap garbage, but this couldn't be further from the truth. I am getting fresh produce, organic meat, and few to no processed foods.

No comments:

Post a Comment