Thursday, April 26, 2012

Roasted Tomato, Onion and Marmite Pizza: Sounds odd, Tastes Delicious

You may be asking what Marmite is. Marmite is a delicious spread made from the gunk found after you make beer. It is pure deliciousness, but can only be used sparingly due to its strong flavor.
I was skeptical about how good it was going to be, but it was better than I expected it would be. I used fat free cream cheese instead of mozzarella and celebrity tomatoes instead of cherry or grape tomatoes. Instead of a puff paste crust, which is a pain in the neck to use and often contains trans fat, I used homemade pizza dough. It may not be great for you, but at least I know what's in it.
I served it up with a green salad with a grapefruit-balsamic vinaigrette. Will either couldn't tell that I added it or didn't care. Either way, if means I can add a bit more variety to my salad making.

No comments:

Post a Comment