Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Grilled Sesame Crusted Soy Ginger Pork

This turned out better than expected. I was going to make grilled pork chops marinated in a coffee-molasses sauce, but I forgot to brew the coffee for it since I had to take our kitten to the vet. In short, I threw this together.
All I did was take my bone-in pork chops, poured some soy sauce over the top, sprinkled some powdered ginger, and then added some sesame seeds to make a crust. I would have added a touch of wasabi paste before putting on the sesame seeds, but Will thought it might be too much.
I served it with a salad. I was going to add mashed potatoes, but realized the pork would be cold if I did that.
It turned out to be just right; the sesame seeds provided a nice crunch and were nice and toasted, and the ginger was not overpowering. Will and I rarely finish a full piece of meat, but both of us cleaned our plates. The sauce I made tastes comparable to one of the dipping sauces from Beni Hana. This sauce is surprisingly versatile. It would taste good on chicken and shrimp as well as tofu.

No comments:

Post a Comment