Saturday, May 26, 2012

An Overview of the Last Few Nights: Successes, Disasters, and Near Disasters

I made Indian style grilled potatoes. Lesson number one: if you have dyslexia and a migraine, do not attempt to read a recipe. I accidentally put ingredients that were supposed to be in with the potatoes into the raita. If it hadn't have been for some quick thinking on my part, it would have proven disastrous. Will thought it was good, but really spicy.
The next day, I made dosas. Dosas are Indian pancakes made from fermented pureed lentils and rice in water with spices. I added cilantro like the recipe called for and Will and I were not fond of it. Next time, I will remember this.
Yesterday, I made Mediterranean chicken and pasta. This has artichokes, Kalamata olives, and sun-dried tomatoes in a wine and chicken stock reduction in addition to the obvious chicken and whole wheat penne. Everyone I served this to loved it.
It's been a little crazy because of kitten proofing our house and picking up our new kitten. The chaos will get less so soon, so expect more timely posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment