Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Baked Beans on Toast: Quick and Easy

I was going to make a recipe involving ground almonds, but the almonds I borrowed from a family member turned out to be rancid, but luckily, I had bought some extra Heinz baked beans. I decided to make baked beans and toast.
I think this may be a new regular menu item because of its simplicity and speed, so it will be perfect on nights where Will stays late at work. All you do is preheat the broiler and put four slices of bread in to toast. Meanwhile, grate some cheddar cheese and heat your baked beans. Take your toasted bread out, and spread a bit of butter onto the toast. Top with the beans followed by the cheddar and broil until the cheese is melted.
Will and I loved it. It may not be the most nutritionally dense item I've ever made, but it certainly is tasty and easy. Even funnier is the fact that Will put on "The Who Sell Out" and the song "Heinz Baked Beans" came on right as the beans started bubbling.

No comments:

Post a Comment