Saturday, June 30, 2012

Spaghetti with Tuna Sauce

I finally got tired of having meats and decided to have a dish with fish in it. Because I live in a landlocked state, I don't get fresh fish for the simple reason that I can't trust it. This was a simple and obvious solution because it calls for canned tomatoes.
What you do is make your own sauce by taking tomato concasse and cooking it until it gets juicy. I know I said to use processed whenever possible, but sometimes it's just easier to use fresh. Then you add garlic and mushrooms. Once the mushrooms are tender, add chicken stock, marjoram, tuna, and basil. Cook the spaghetti according to the package directions. Once ready, drain the pasta, spoon the sauce over it, toss to coat, and put some shaved Parmesan cheese on top.
To translate, tomato concasse is where you cut an x into the tomato, blanch it, peel the tomato, seed it, and chop it.
Will and I both found it to be wonderful and tasty. We loved how fresh it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment