Monday, June 4, 2012

Grilled Goat Sausage Pizza

My mother in-law brought me some ground goat from the farmer's market. I was looking for some inspiration on what to do with it, when I came across a recipe for goat pizza. That's when I realized I could make a pizza on the grill because I had frozen some pizza dough in my freezer.
I made goat meat sausage using garam masala, ground fenugreek, chili powder, ground coriander, and merlot. I also used some baby bellas for the toppings. For the cheese, we used a beautiful mozzarella.
Will took care of the sauce. All you do is get some watered down canned tomato paste, and add Italian seasoning, garlic powder, fennel seeds, oregano, basil, a bit of cayenne and just enough clove to cover the tip of a table knife. He made it a touch too spicy, but it complemented the Indian spices in the sausage, so it all worked out okay.
The grill gave the dough a nice flavor and browned it really nicely. The toppings were just right. I had a bunch of toppings left over, so I may ask Will to pick up some ricotta so we can make grilled calzones.

No comments:

Post a Comment