Sunday, November 4, 2012

Carrot Casserole: Same Recipe, A Few Changes

So I had a bunch of carrots left over from when I made the clam chowder and some steamed rice from when we had Chinese food, so I decided to make a carrot casserole using the lessons I learned from the last time I made it. I learned a couple more lessons and have a better idea of how better to execute this recipe in the future.
So I did basically the same thing as I did with the last time I made this, except we accidentally added closer to five or six cups of grated carrots instead of four and I added cinnamon to it.
Lessons learned: if you add more carrots, it takes closer to an hour to cook, and it needs more than a teaspoon of salt for the entire dish, plus more cinnamon. However, all in all, this has made this recipe more flexible and accident proof.

No comments:

Post a Comment