Sunday, November 18, 2012

Huevos al Vallejo: I Loved It, But Will Told Me Never to Make It Again

I think I have said this before, but I have a hard time using eggs before they go bad, so I try to use at least one dish with eggs for dinner. I decided to make this dish.
First, melt a Tablespoon of butter and add a sliced onion; cook until it's tender but not browned. Add two julienned Anaheim peppers and a can of whole tomatoes, cook five minutes, breaking up the tomatoes as you go. Break six eggs, one at a time, into a saucer and slide them into the skillet with the tomato mixture. Cook this until the eggs are set, spooning the tomato juice over the top of the eggs.
Will and I served this with some more of the tamales that we bought. I loved it, but Will was less than fond of the eggs. He said that if I made this with tofu instead of eggs, he would have liked it better. I agree with him and will definitely try it that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment