Thursday, November 8, 2012

Enchilada Soup: Easy, Fast, and Fun

I had some leftover chicken from making enchiladas (don't worry; they wound up getting frozen) and I decided to make some enchilada soup. This is pretty easy to make and a solid staple in my house.
First, put your stock in a saucepan and add your chicken; season this mixture to taste. Because I made enchiladas verdes, I only used cumin, garlic powder, and a touch of chili powder. Once that starts to heat up, add some green chilies; we like our Mexican food hot, so I use a lot of it. Once your soup is boiling, add some chopped tomatoes; usually I add canned, but since I didn't have any, I used fresh. Once the tomatoes are wilted and the soup is seasoned to taste, serve it. I personally garnish my soup with a dollop of sour cream and some grated cheeses, but Will goes more for tortilla chips; get creative with this part.
Will loved the smell that filled our house and liked the flavor of the soup even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment