Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Lemon Chicken With Pasta: Surprisingly Quick

Last night I had a meeting to run to and was running late. This took such a short period of time that I was just able to eat and run out the door. Will didn't come home until nine and so I wound up making him a plate and sticking it in our fridge.
First, cut up your chicken tenders. Stick them in a Ziploc bag with half a cup of bread crumbs, garlic powder, oregano, and seasoned salt; shake the bag to coat. Place the chicken in a pan with some olive oil and cook until the chicken is brown and cooked through. Meanwhile, cook a cup of shell pasta according to the package directions. Once the chicken is cooked, set it aside and keep it warm. Make the sauce by adding a diced onion that you cook until tender to the now empty pan. Sprinkle the onions with two Tablespoons of flour and add the juice of a lemon and a cup of chicken stock. Once this is thickened, drain your pasta once it's ready and add it to the sauce, tossing to coat. Add the chicken and again toss. If desired, serve with Parmesan cheese.
I tried to serve this with a vegetable, but I didn't realize how low on frozen vegetables I really was, so I made just enough corn for the two of us. Will and I both really enjoyed this, so I will definitely do this again. Best yet, it's eggless so there's less mess and, if you didn't use Parmesan cheese like Will and I didn't, it's dairy free too.

No comments:

Post a Comment