Thursday, August 30, 2012

Avocado Wraps: Fresh and Simple

I've had a massive ear infection that has resulted in severe sinus issues and thus the inability to cook or eat. Luckily, I'm on antibiotics, so I'm starting to feel much better; my temperature has stopped fluctuating erratically and I can hear out of both ears again. I'm still running an above average temperature, though, so using heat is the last thing I wish to do. I had avocado wraps on the menu, so this caveat wasn't exactly difficult to take care of.
All you do is warm up some tortillas; I used plain flour, but if you want to up the flavor and fiber by using multigrain tortillas, go ahead. You want the tortillas flexible, not hot, so don't worry if they didn't get very hot. Put some slices of avocado in the middle, followed by slices of cucumber (I used hot house because they are smaller so they require less cutting and I prefer the flavor they have to your standard English), halved grape tomatoes, and fresh spinach. Wrap all this up and you have a delicious dinner. If you want to use something to help keep your filling attached, use a bit of mayonnaise or mustard, and for a bit of zing, add some Tobasco sauce.
Will and I found this a nice way to take a break, especially since it was so hot out yesterday. Will's was vegan because he doesn't like mayonnaise and didn't use any Tobasco sauce where mine wasn't because I used mayonnaise and Tobasco (they use chicken stock to make it).

No comments:

Post a Comment