Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Hot Dogs With Sauerkraut and Caramelized Onions: Quick Yet Simple

It may sound not nutritionally dense, but we did this without any bread, so it's not as bad as it could be. I also used all beef, uncured hot dogs that are low on sodium and, instead of frying them, grilled them; all excess fat wound up in the depths known as my grill burners.
First, I grilled my hot dogs slowly with a smoker box full of hickory chips. The smoke can make up for the lower salt content by adding extra flavor. Meanwhile, I made my Bavarian style sauerkraut and caramelized my onions. With caramelizing onions, you don't need to use much; a little pepper adds a pleasant zing to them without compromising the flavor.
Will liked it, so well that he ate four hot dogs; he never does that.

No comments:

Post a Comment