Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Summer Pasta Salad: It Has Vinegar in It, and Will Liked It

I didn't read the full list of ingredients when I put this on the menu, and was a little apprehensive about serving it to Will, knowing his dislike of all things vinegar. I really shouldn't have worried.
This is pretty simple and requires little to no electricity. First, cook some chicken and spaghetti; I poached my chicken with some dried onion and basil and used whole wheat spaghetti. Once your spaghetti is four minutes from being done, add some fresh green beans to your spaghetti. When the chicken is ready, take it out and leave it to cool; once it's cool, cube it up. Meanwhile, make a vinaigrette using grapeseed oil, white wine vinegar, sugar basil, oregano, garlic, and onion powder. Add sliced fresh zucchini, sliced crookneck squash, halved grape tomatoes, cubed chicken, and sliced red onion. By now, your pasta should be ready. Drain it and add it to the pasta. Toss everything to coat and serve.
Will and I really liked it. The only thing I would have done differently is add more tomatoes and omit the chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment