Saturday, August 11, 2012

Griled Portobello Pizzas: Simple and Tasty

This is one of my biggest summer hits because it is all done on the grill, and all I dirty is a plate, a cutting board, a cheese grater, and a knife while making it.
All you do is remove the stems from the mushrooms; I freeze them and use them when I make fish stock or vegetable stock. Next, oil the gills with olive oil and season them with seasoned salt and black pepper. If you like a little extra flavor, a little Balsamic vinegar is not a bad idea; I didn't add it this time, but I wish I had thought of that when I was making them rather than when I was eating one. Once your grill is heated, put the mushrooms on gill side down. While they are grilling, dice up some fresh tomatoes and grate up some part skim mozzarella cheese. Take out some frozen spinach to slightly thaw. Once the mushrooms are cooked on the gill side, flip them over, then put the spinach, tomatoes, and finally the cheese on them and cook until the cheese is melted and the spinach is heated through.
Will loved this; as I've said before, this is something I make every summer because we both like it so well. Better yet, we only eat one mushroom each, depending on the size, so all I have to do is get a third one for leftovers for Will to eat at work the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment