Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Stuffed Pork Chops: My Skills on Making Pockets in Meat Need Work

I decided to make orange glazed pork chops for dinner. The thing I didn't expect was, I didn't get thick enough chops, so stuffing them was a pain in the neck.
First, you saute some onions and mushrooms in oil until the onions are just tender, then take it off the heat and add some frozen spinach, ginger, and panko, as well as salt and pepper to taste. Then you cut a pocket in your pork chop, spoon some of the stuffing inside, and hold the opening shut with toothpicks. Season the outside of the chops with salt and pepper and stick them on a hot grill. Grill them for 35 to 45 minutes, turning only once and basting them with orange marmalade in the last five minutes; if you don't like orange marmalade, you could always use apricot jam instead. While the chops are resting, cook some sliced green onions in hot oil until tender; serve these next to the chops.
As I said before, I couldn't get a lot of the stuffing in because I had purchased chops that were too thin. Make sure that you have nice thick pork chops when you make this, otherwise you will have the same problem I did. The up side was, I was able to serve the stuffing as a side. I also served this with a baked potato, but really, any starch would do.
Will and I thoroughly enjoyed it; in fact, we both managed to eat a whole chop each.

No comments:

Post a Comment