Thursday, August 9, 2012

Fettuccine With Sweet Potatoes, Feta, and Olives: Not Very Quick, But Still Tasty

Again, my failure to read the recipe resulted in me roasting in the middle of summer. Luckily, another thunder storm prevented my ability to grill, so it cooled down enough to roast the vegetables for this recipe without overheating the house.
First, I cubed some sweet potatoes and added some crushed garlic and olive oil, tossing to coat the sweet potatoes. I then put the sweet potatoes on a baking sheet and stuck them in a preheated 400 degree oven. I roasted them on one side for fifteen minutes, turned them over and roasted them another fifteen minutes. Meanwhile, I caramelized some red onion in butter. After that was done, I cooked fettuccine in boiling salted water and drained it, adding the onion to the fettuccine, along with the sweet potato, some basil, some crumbled feta cheese, and kalamata olives. Toss to coat with olive oil.
Will liked it so well that he had three helpings of it. I thought I could have done better, but it still wasn't too bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment