Thursday, August 2, 2012

Cold Pork and Cheddar Sandwiches: Easy Use of Leftovers

Remember those pork chops I made earlier in the week? Well, I was afraid it would be too salty to make pulled pork with, so I decided on the next best thing: cold sandwiches served with tri-color radiatori with seasoned salt.
The trick to any good sandwich is the bread; you can have an amazing meat and really good cheese, but without good bread to emphasize the flavors, your sandwich will fall flat. I really like to use a San Fransisco sourdough bread, but any artisanal bread will do fine. Then, thinly slice your pork and cheese; if you want to add any other toppings, go for it. For example, I added sweet onion and mayonnaise, but Will had it plain.
We both really enjoyed it. While sandwiches may seem like a cop-out, they do work for something nice for a hot summer evening, especially if you make them into something more than just cold cuts and Kraft singles.

No comments:

Post a Comment